Zinc Packaged Anode
- ASTM B-418-01, Type II alloy for soil conditions
- Standard packaging in a cardboard tube with 75% gypsum, 20% bentonite, 5% sodium sulfate backfill
- Open circuit potential of -1.1 volts (with respect to copper sulfate reference cell)
- Made from 99.99% pure high grade zinc
- 90% current efficiency with a current capacity of 335 amp – hours /lb.
Packaged Zinc anodes are recommended in soils with resistivities below 1000 ohm-cm. Because these anodes have a lower driving potential than Magnesium, they are most effective on well coated steel structures requiring minimal current output. The packages anodes are most commonly used as grounding cells on electrical motors, panels and conduits, and across insulators in pipelines to limit dangerous high voltages. Zinc anodes should not be used in extremely alkaline (above 9.2 pH), acidic (5 pH), or high temperature (60°C, 140°F) electrolytes.
Corrpro zinc anodes are available in a variety of weights and dimensions. When ordering a Packaged Zinc Anode, please indicate the size of Zinc anode you are looking for, if you require cardboard or cloth packaged and what AWG size and length of wire required.
5lb Zinc - 54552480
12lb Zinc - 54552501
17lb Zinc - 54552519
24lb Zinc - 54552527